Back! With more tips and tricks for the all the cool superwomen who manage all facets of life with élan. Here are few beauty tips and tricks I personally have learnt to follow to keep the “me-time” minimum and hassle-free. Hope it comes useful!
1. Poker straight hair like mine can be flat and boring at times. For volumized, tousled strands, when I finish blow-drying my hair, I switch to cool settings, flip my head over, and aim the nozzle around randomly for a few minutes. This creates pockets of air between my locks so they look fuller. If time permits, I use a bit of volumizing moose for the extra fullness
2. “Cleansing, scrubbing, toning and moisturizing regularly” is the mantra of saving many trips to the beautician. See, money and time, both saved in tons!
3. With super oily skin like me, even matte make up needs retouching, especially if there is an after-office party. To sop up oil and refresh makeup, I lightly mist my face with toner, then pat with a tissue. Dry skinned beauties can try rose-water. But be careful to mist lightly and pat gently to avoid a Joker-moment from Batman series!
4. Keep a mixture of glycerin and rose water near your kitchen skin and apply it immediately to your hands after doing dishes. Doesn’t make your hands dry and rough. Isn’t prevention better than cure?
5. If you have sweat stains in your white shirt, make sure to spray some lemon juice in the affected area before you give it for a wash. Instant stain removers are also effective; just make sure it is not bleach-based.
6. When really pressed for time, an elaborate cleaning, toning and moisturizing might seem out-of-possibility. Use Jojoba oil as make-up remover and cleanser. Least messy and super effective. Even oily or skinned people can follow this without any fear of breakout. It will remove dirt and makeup while restoring the normal moisture level of your skin. Definitely, this is not as effective as a full CTM routine, but for the emergency, this is better than going to bed with the dust, grime and makeup piled on your face! Isn’t it??
7. For days, the scheduled shampooing had to be cancelled to attend some more pressing issue, I use some non-sticky hair oil/serum and tie a neat bun. Impression of being super neat and sleek is guaranteed. Doubt?? Visualize JLo or even Kim Kardashian!
8. Fix your broken eyeshadow with some rubbing alcohol. Pour some and let it set, and use again.
9. After having to discard a number of lovely tops, I have managed the trick! To remove lipstick stains from clothes, rub the area with glycerin and leave it for an hour before you wash it.
10. You are late! The zipper of your dress, shoe or bag has a perfect timing for ill-behaving.. Fix your stuck zipper by rubbing them with a graphite pencil tip or a candle.
For more tips dont forget to read:
Don’t forget to share your favorite tips! I wish to hear more, more and more from you!