MAC Nail Transformations consists of six transforming top coats. They’re also re-promoting three nail lacquers with it and all shades are being added to the permanent range. MAC has decreased the pricing on their lacquers to $12 (from $17!!), and as a design modification, they have widened the brush. The bottle itself is the same style, shape and 0.34 fl. oz. size.
Priced: $12.00 U.S. / $14.00 CDN
Availability: Online June 26th (North America), at select locations on July 2nd (North America); at select locations July 2014 (International)
The range has:
Texturize Clear leather effect top coat
Shadow Sheer blackening top coat
Pink Pearl Sheer pink pearl transformer (Liquid Pigment)
Green Pearl Sheer green pearl transformer (Liquid Pigment)
Gold Pearl Sheer gold pearl transformer (Liquid Pigment)
Highlight Sheer blue pearl transformer
Skin Light peach beige (Creme)
Rebel Midtonal cream plum (Creme)
Quiet Time Beige nude (Creme)
- MAC Shadow Nail Lacquer is described as “sheer blackening top coat.” True to the description, it is a sheer, black-tinted polish. It claims to darken the original nail paint on which you put it but the difference is incredibly subtle. It would have been more desirable if the effect at least darkened more.
- MAC Texturize Nail Lacquer is described as “clear leather effect top coat.” It takes down the glossiness of the underlying nail lacquer while adding a subtle texture (without being too rough!! Thank God!), but it still has shine. There’s definitely a visible effect with one layer of Texturize applied over another shade. There are a few leather top coats on the market and chances are high that you can try the same effect at a lower price range.
- The liquid pigment range is atransforming top coat and the name suggests the color of the color of pearl shimmer you would get.
o Pink Pearl Sheer pink pearl transformer (Liquid Pigment)
o Green Pearl Sheer green pearl transformer (Liquid Pigment)
o Gold Pearl Sheer gold pearl transformer (Liquid Pigment)
o Highlight Sheer blue pearl transformer
- MAC Skin Nail Lacquer is described as a “light peach beige with a Cream finish.” It’s a light-medium, muted peach with warm undertone. It had semi-opaque color coverage after two coats
- MAC Rebel Nail Lacquer is a deep, sultry currant shade. The finish is crème as described. once on the nails is a bit darker than in the bottle. It does not pull too cool or too warm so I think it would look good on either warm or cool skin tones. To avoid streaks and lumpiness, I would always recommend a base coat when wearing dark shades like this.
- MAC Quiet Time Nail Lacquer is described as a beige nude cream. It almost comes off as a light greyed taupe as well. It applied cream-sheer finish.
Which one looks like an instant hit? Would you like the transforming top-coats? Don’t forget to leave a comment.