One chic dress with lots of ways to wear it
A shift dress is one of the most versatile pieces in your wardrobe. Whether it’s patterned, neutral, or bright, it merrily goes with most accessories, adapting to become the look you want. The proof is in these pleasing picks.
- For a classic, Michelle Obama or Jacqueline Kennedy-inspired look, wear your dress with a strand (or two) of pearls.
- Feeling bold? Try a chunky, gold necklace, bracelet or watch.
- A sheath dress is the perfect opportunity to show off that oversized, jewel-encrusted statement necklace.
- For something a little more elegant, pull your hair up and put on a pair of dazzling chandelier earrings.
In this context, don’t miss the following posts.
“Steal the show in a statement necklace!”
“Match your neck piece with your neckline!”
- Closed-toe pumps never fail with a simple sheath dress.
- Flats pumps, not as sexy, can also be worn for a more casual look
- For a classy effect try a pair of cream-colored or nude pumps. Combined with a classic shape, this shoe will encourage all eyes to stay fixed where they belong—on the dress and give an optical illusion of longer legs!
- Espadrilles with a wedge heel will give the style a high-fashion lift.
- Paired with a neutral-hued dress, bright-colored ballet flats (imagine sunny yellow or marmalade-y orange!) will give you instant happy feet!
- If you’re heading for a glitzy party or gala affair, try a vivacious pair of heels with sequins, rhinestones or any other embellishments.
- You can make your sheath dress figure flattering by adding a belt. Try adding a skinny belt just above your hips. Wearing a belt that is the same color as your dress (such as black on black or beige on beige) is always work-appropriate;
- For a night out, try adding a brightly-hued belt to your black sheath. This will add a pop of color and bring attention to your cinched waistline.
- For a formal look structured bags add an extra dimension to your dress.
- A studded clutch or a blingy box clutch is perfect for a glamorous night out.
- Add a splash of color to your ensemble—by toting a funky envelope-inspired carry case with your dress.
- A girly outing! A catchy crossbody can heighten your cool attitude.
- If your sheath dress has a pattern or design, try wearing a unbuttoned cardigan that matches one of the colors in your dress.
- For a monochrome sheath dress, pair it with a bright jacket, blazer or cardigan. This will instantly infuse your look with brightness and boldness.
- To keep chills away, a trench coat with your dress can rock the look.
- A faded denim jacket will add a boho-chic tone to your look, while working to juxtapose the girlishness of the main piece.
- You can also try layering a white tee or button-up underneath your sheath for a polished look.
- For a fun twist, try turning your sheath into a skirt by adding a shirt, jacket and scarf over top.
- To keep your look modern, make sure your tights are opaque as opposed to solid.
- For a sexier look try lace-inspired legwear or offbeat color tights.
- Try an animal-print tights with a black monochrome sheath dress.
- Add edge to a uni-tone dress with a vibrant silk or chiffon scarf featuring an edgy geometric pattern.
- A woolen scarf on a slightly cold day will keep you warm and stylish at one go.
We are waiting to hear what you have to say about this post! Don’t forget to comment.