My recent love are low-calorie-grilled dishes!
Sharing with you three yummy dishes I tried recently. These are easy and fast to prepare, tasty and healthy! Don’t forget to try them. Bon appetit!
- 1 tablespoon rice/apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves. You can add some oregano or basil too.
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, salt and pepper
- 2 tomatoes, cut into quarters
- 2 medium red onions, cut into wedges
- 4-6-ounce salmon steaks (about 1 inch thick)
- Few slices of olive (optional)
- Heat grill to medium-high. In a small bowl, combine the vinegar, ginger, thyme, 3 tablespoons of the oil, and ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, gently toss the onions, tomatoes, remaining 1 tablespoon oil, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper.
- Season the salmon with ½ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper.
- Grill the salmon and onions until salmon is opaque throughout and onions are tender, 5 to 6 minutes per side.
- After flipping the salmon, place the tomatoes on the grill and cook until tender, 3 to 4 minutes per side.
- Drizzle the salmon with the vinaigrette and serve with the onions, olives and tomatoes.
Suggestions: Can add tangy fruits like pineapple or peach. Serving with some sauté veggies is an excellent idea to fulfill your daily target of 5-portions.
Zesty Grilled Garlic-Herb Chicken
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoon saffron
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 pinch dried sage
- Place chicken in a shallow dish. In a medium bowl, mix together the olive oil, sugar, honey, saffron, garlic, basil, thyme, cayenne pepper, salt, oregano, parsley, and sage. Pour the mixture over the chicken. Cover, and marinate 20 to 25 minutes in the refrigerator.
- Preheat the grill for medium heat.
- Lightly oil the grill grate. Discard marinade, and place chicken on the grill. Cook for 10 minutes on each side, or until exterior is grilled and juices run clear.
Suggestion: Can serve with sauté veggies.
Grilled Tofu (or cottage cheese/paneer) skewers with chili garlic sauce
- 8 ounce tofu (or cottage cheese/paneer), drained and sliced into large chunks
- 1red bell pepper, cut into large chunks
- 10 large mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons chili garlic sauce
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1/4 cup diced onion
- Ground black pepper to taste
- Salt to taste
- Place tofu, red bell pepper, and mushrooms in a bowl. Mix chili garlic sauce, soy sauce, sesame oil, onion and pepper in a small bowl, and pour over tofu and vegetables. Toss lightly to coat. Cover, and allow to marinate for at least 1 hour in the refrigerator.
- Preheat a grill for medium-high heat, and lightly oil the grate.
- Thread tofu and vegetables on to skewers. Grill each skewer 10 minutes, or to desired doneness. Use any remaining marinade as a dipping sauce.
Suggestions: Can add more veggies like zucchini or tangy fruits like pineapple. Also, try adding diced onions in the skewer.
These are low calorie and super tasty and packed with nutrients. Try alone or with bread roll or brown rice. Don’t forget to write if you like them. Any innovation or suggestion is a welcome!