False lash is that one magic weapon to make you look seriously glam. But, honestly, they’re also a little bit of hassle to apply, carry and remove. Luckily, you can use a few tricks to mimic the drama of falsies with a few simple steps! Go ahead to have lashes that are fluffy, flirty and fabulous.
1. Eyelash curler
No matter how intimidating this looks, it is a magic weapon. No matter how good is the mascara you use, always curl those lashes before you head out the door. This a quick trick to open your eyes to give an instant awakening effect. Invest in a good lash curler and curl after applying mascara.
- Clamp them at the very base, press the curler together lightly, and hold the lashes in place for a few seconds.
- Completely release the clamp and move it about halfway up the lash hairs while turning the curler at an angle parallel to the ground. Clamp and hold again.
- Finally, move the curler to the tip of the lashes, and give one final press, turning the lash curler almost upright.
Recommendations: MAC, Inglot , Shu Uemera , Bobbi Brown are the best but you can jolly well go with drug store brands.
Varieties to try:
- The half lash curlers – They are great to curl the lashes near the inner corner of the eyes. Try the one by MAC.
- The heated curlers – This is ideal for the beauties with stubborn, poker-straight lashes which tend to lose the curling effect after a few hours. To avoid this try heated curlers from Panasonic or Mirenesse.
Tips: The original process of heating lash curler works well too. Heat your eyelash curler with your blow dryer for a few seconds (beware! don’t overdo it!) before you use it. It will help lock in the curl. Better test the temperature with your fingers and remember; eyes are far more sensitive than fingers.
2. Do it right
Applying the mascara the right way is more than half the battle.
- Give your lashes a quick squeeze with the lash curler to flare them upwards.
- Hold the wand horizontally and wiggle it while pulling the lashes towards the inner corner that is the nose. Do this two to three times.
- Wiggle the wand while pulling the lashes away from your nose to fan them out. Do this three times as well.
- Rotate the wand vertically and paint each individual lash with the tip.
- Wiggle the wand across the bottom lashes.
3. Lengthen with Eyelash Extension Kit
If your lashes are sparse and stumpy this is of perfect help. Brush on lash extensions of the kit takes less than 5 minutes to set and gives you the most amazing result. The silky fibers get stuck to your own eyelashes to create the look of extra-long eyelashes.
Recommendations: Physicians Formula Eye Booster™Instant Lash Extension Kit, Mirenesse Instant Lash Transplant Lengthening Kit
4. Fill With Fibers
Just as the kit mentioned above helps in lengthening , there are similar ways to volumize too. Look out for formulas that feature synthetic fibers, which help plump your natural lash line by filling in any gaps and sometimes even extending your natural lash length, which equals volume and sculpted perfection.
Recommendations: L’Oreal Voluminous False Fiber Lashes
5. Combination mascara wands
Most of us are already aware that fuller wands create big, bold lashes, all while adding dimension and richness. But sometimes you need to have a variety of wands. One with a small brush to cover the smaller lashes that often go untouched by your regular mascara wand; and then a larger, full-bristled wand to extend, lengthen and thicken the rest of your lash line.
6. Tightlining Eyeliner
The super simple makeup trick that will make lashes appear longer and thicker. In addition to lining above the lashes (the way you would apply liquid liner or pencil), work the product underneath into the water line.
Process: All you need is gel eyeliner and a small liner brush.
- Start by pulling up the lid; then gently apply the liner into the water line.
- It’s not as scary or difficult as it sounds, just focus on the area and make sure it’s really coated.
- What’s genius is that this trick creates illusion of elongated lashes and defines the eyes.
- To finish off, add the coats of your favorite mascara.
- Use can use the super soft gel pencils. It makes the task even easier.
- If you are a contact lens user take care in the process to avoid any excess product on the lens.
7. Root stamping with mascara
Concentrate the mascara on the roots for voluminous, curled lashes. This is because that’s where you can add fullness and volume without the lashes getting clumpy.
- After applying mascara like you normally would, start at the outside corner and press it against the base of the upper lashes. Normally you would start there then pull it up through the lashes to the tip.
- Just press it once against the root and pull the wand away from your face.
- Repeat by stamping the wand at the root but this time at the center of your upper lashline.
- Then stamp the wand at the root of the inside corner of your upper lashline. Look in the mirror and decide want a little more. In case yes, repeat the previous steps.
8. Powder them
In case you don’t want to invest in any volumizing product at this moment, dust baby powder over your eyelashes between the first and second coats of mascara to plump up your lashes. Caution: Please don’t overdo this as it might end up in clumped, spidery lashes. Also, use a lash comb to avoid any clumping.
What are your tips on this?! And your favorite brand of mascara? Leave a comment to tell us.